Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Countdown to Christmas...Day 19

The last of the presents were mailed out today, what a relief! I leave for my vacation tomorrow. I am so looking forward to the break...just keep your fingers crossed for good weather so I can get off this island on time!!!

So with just 6 days left until the big day I am including an easy recipe for Christmas brunch. With everyone's last minute preparations for the holiday I am sure the last thing anyone is thinking of is what they are going to make for Christmas breakfast! This is super easy and a huge hit with my family...I get requests for it every year!

Breakfast Casserole

1 pgk shredded hashbrowns or tator tots
1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
1 16 oz container sour cream
chopped onion to taste
1/4 stick of butter
2 cups cheddar jack shredded cheese
1 pkg Jimmy Dean Italian or Sage sausage (last year I shopped at Whole Foods and couldn't find Jimmy Dean and it still came out great so you can use any breakfast sausage for this)

Brown sausage, drain and let cool
Mix soup, sour cream and onion in medium sized bowl. Let chill for a few minutes.
Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
Place hashbrowns on bottom, salt and pepper to taste
When sausage is cool, mix with sour cream mixture. Let sit for a few minutes.
Pour and spread mixture over hashbrowns.
Cut butter into cubes and place on top of casserole.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Add cheese and bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.

It's not the healthiest dish in the world but it tastes sooo good! Enjoy!

I'm off to pack!

No comments: