Friday, February 1, 2008

Let the Moving Commence...

We got the keys to the new place last night, we started moving immediately!! We got the entire kitchen moved. With every pot and pan we put into it's place we silently thanked the landlord gods for allowing us to move because the marathon running babies were horrible last night!!! They were screaming and running and falling on the floor and screaming some more. I am so grateful to not have to listen to that anymore! The other great thing about this new place is that it is significantly bigger than our old place. The first and only time we saw the apartment was when the people moving out of it were gracious enough to let us look at it even though it was filled with moving boxes so we weren't really able to get a feel for how big (or small) it really was. Wow!! I mean it's no mansion and it's probably not even big for Manhattan standards but for us, who have been living (smooshed) in 300 square feet it feels like we just moved in to Heff's mansion!

We hope to get the rest of the apartment moved tonight because we have the cable guy coming tomorrow morning and then we have a screenprinting class (my Xmas gift to Mike) at the Etsy Labs tomorrow from 1-6. I am so excited and I can't wait to see the labs!

We are having people over for the Super Bowl so I have been scowering the internet looking for recipes. If you haven't ever visited the blog, The Pioneer Woman Cooks, I insist you check it out immediately!! She has some awesome Super Bowl recipes posted. I will warn you though, if you are health conscious or wish to keep your cholestrol levels in check, don't even bother! Her bacon wrapped jalapeno things look delicious! Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I don't envy you the moving, though I do envy you the larger living space and the screen printing class at the Etsy labs!!! Have a blast!

Marisa

Anonymous said...

I am so happy about your move. I cringe when you describe the noise from your upstairs neighbors. I can't believe how inconsiderate folks can be.

Felicia said...

Best of luck with your move!

Annie Howes said...

Congratulations on the bigger space! I cannot imagine sharing 300 sqft with anyone!

Wishing you a smooth move!

Kim said...

moving into a new and better place is so wonderful!!!!!! congrats :)