Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Binder(s)

Hello my name is Candice and I have a magazine addiction! I seriously can't stop! At last count I was up to 16 a month and since then I think I have added at least 5 more, not counting my new obsession with international design magazines that I grab at the newsstand near my office. I used to keep the magazines, ear marking the pages that I was interested in but that quickly became a major storage issue, so now I have binders. It started with one binder that had everything in it, recipes, design ideas, hair and makeup tips, etc. I'm now up to 6 binders and counting. We're not talking about the tiny 1 inch binders either, these are the BIG ones, the ones offices use for holding reports and accounting ledgers and stuff!

So, every month I tear out the pages I want to keep from each magazine and begin the process of clipping, and taping, and hole punching. This has turned into quite a process since I have so many to go through! I love going through my binders, they are such a great resource and source of inspiration for me. Some people have inspiration boards in their studios or work spaces, I have entire binders full of inspiration! Mike has even joined in and now clips things from his magazines to put into his own binders (I don't share!)


4 comments:

Joanna Schmidt said...

You look very organized for a magazine collector. I never dreamed of a bider. I was always using flimsy folders which were terribly frustrating when looking for something. Great idea!

Melissa--KunceKrafts said...

It is infectious!! I am trying to start mine but cant seem to find the time to get them in the binders...I have a folder full of pages though : )

Anonymous said...

This is an EXCELLENT idea! We have a ton of binders at work that people are throwing away, I may take a few. Maybe if the Etsy team has another swap I'll bring some for you. :)

Anonymous said...

I used to do that but it became way too time consuming. I now keep all of my reference in a little storage bin with drawers. Like the kind you get at Staples. It has six drawers in it. It doesn't look as pretty but saves so much time and space! I would love to have some binders like yours though. Just need to get someone to make them for me : )