Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Stuff

So yesterday I ordered a new book Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. I saw the book over the weekend when I was shopping at Purl Soho and wanted to buy it on the spot but knew I could find a better deal at Amazon! Turns out the author of the book, Joelle Hoverson, is the owner of Purl Soho! So now I am really excited to get the book...Joelle has been featured several times in Martha Stewart Living and Blueprint (she used to work for the magazine) and I think she is an amazingly talented crafter! I can't wait to get my hands on the book and start sewing...as much as I LOVE soap making, I think I love sewing even more! It's so therapeutic and I love the idea of taking fabric and a pattern and making it into something beautiful. Mike is going to shoot me if I bring home one more book though!! I already have a ton of books in the apartment plus a ton more in our storage unit! I'm obsessed with books! Last night I made a new soap with a fragrance oil I have used before, Coconut Lemongrass. It smells delicious and the bar came out really nice. I added goat milk powder to it for extra moisturizing properties. It's the perfect scent, so reminiscent of summertime and the beach! I am going to take photos of it tonight...let me rephrase that...I am going to ask Mike if he will take photos of it tonight ;) so I can post it on Etsy tomorrow.

No comments: