Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pita and pillows


Mike made some yummy pita bread this weekend. It was delicious and fairly easy to make. He got the recipe here. He switched a portion of the all purpose flour for whole wheat. Much better than the store bought stuff! While he made pita I made some pillows for the couch. I picked up the fabric last weekend when Melissa was here. It's from Amy Butler's new line, Midwest Modern. I worked on them for a few hours and then got really frustrated because I had to re-do one and I could not get the slip stitch right. I had three of my sewing books laid out, all of which had slightly different instructions for how to do a slip stitch and none of them made any sense! I went back to it last night and finished them, I think I finally got the hang of how to properly sew a slip stitch and they turned out really well. It was dark when I finished so I wasn't able to get a photo but here are some pics of the fabric. My next project is pot holders and an oven mitt.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love that fabric! I'm itching to get my hands on some!! Lucky you. I'm still trying to convince my husband that I NEED some Midwest Modern.

Anonymous said...

Great fabric! And have fun sewing... you can do it for me too, so I don't have too... I have a pair of pants that need hemming... hehee...
;)

Janell

Anonymous said...

Your new pillows would look great in one of those ReadyMade shipping container homes. . thanks so much stopping by Cabin Life. I'm SO into gray-and-any-other-color combos right now.