Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thank you Martha...

It is sort of a tradition for Mike and I, on the weekends, to make a brunch with all the things left over from the previous week's meals. Sometimes we will fry up left over pasta noodles with some egg and sausage and whatever veggies we have left over or we will make a good salsa and just kind of throw whatever we have left in the fridge into the bowl. It's a lot of fun and one of my favorite things about the weekend. This past weekend there were slim pickins in the fridge. We had done a fantastic job at finishing everything up during the week so there wasn't a whole lot to eat and we were both hungry so I pulled out "The Binders" and went searching for breakfast! I found these Orange Buttermilk Biscuits from Martha Stewart that looked good so I ran down to the market to buy the few ingredients we didn't have on had. The biscuits were amazing! I was sort of expecting them to be like those Pillsbury Orange rolls you can get at the grocery but these were even better! We made a glaze to go on top with powdered sugar and juice from the leftover zested orange. The next day we heated them up in the oven and had them with tea, they were delicious!





Update: After writing this post I went online to try and find the recipe and can't! I will post the recipe later for all those who are interested!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to that recipe because I want it, want it, want it!

What a fab weekend tradition!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... please do post the recipe if you can find it... they sound delish!!!

Hope you're feeling better hun.