Wednesday, June 25, 2008

CSA Loot and window sill gardening

I have been meaning to post about the goodies we have been receiving in our CSA for the past couple of weeks but a) I'm usually to lazy to drag everything out on to the counter before putting it away so I can get a picture of it and b) this is the first week that we have received a decent amount of veggies. We had a cooler spring than usual so it has delayed the harvests a bit, blah, blah, blah. We've mainly been getting lettuce and radishes and basically eating like rabbits until this week. This week we hit the mother load! We received three heads of lettuce, cilantro, dill, red basil (yum!), two types of cabbage, squash, kale, and I'm sure some other things that I can't remember right now. My fridge is busting at the seams!



On a slightly different but related note...we have been growing beans in our window sill. We're also attempting cherry tomatoes and jalapenos but those results have been anti-climatic at best. Check out these little guys! All this from a couple of beans from a grocery store bag...an organic grocery store bag, of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how exactly does CSA work? So far the Farmers Market's I've been going to have been lacking in the fruit department and I know you rave about it.