Thursday, July 16, 2009

Missing New York

I have really been missing the city lately.  Our trip this past weekend just wasn't long enough and it only left me wanting more!  

Mike and I have even been talking about maybe buying an apartment in the city, something modest and small so we could live there part time.  We left the city before we were ready and even though we are enjoying our new digs in Florida, there is something about New York that just can't be recreated anywhere else.  I am constantly inspired when I am there.  It's just not a place I ever want to forget, I always want to be a part of it.  

It felt different this weekend being back.  The city wasn't ours anymore, we were officially visitors...tourists, buying 1 day metro cards and flashing our Florida i.d.'s to buy a drink at the bar.  It made me sad.  I felt like this great thing I used to be a part of was no longer mine.  I miss you New York.

Photo: Me

No comments: