Monday, August 31, 2009

The Silver Lining

Mike and I just got back from a very relaxing weekend at the spa. We were celebrating Mike's birthday (32 today, Happy Birthday Baby!) and our 1 year engagement anniversary. A year ago this week we were in Alaska. I can't believe how much our life has changed over the past year. This has been a really tough year, I just hope the worst is behind us. I'm ready to get back to a normal routine. I'm ready to get back to work. I'm ready to have our life back. I mean there has definitely been a silver lining in all this. Mike and I have gotten a ton of quality time together, which at times maybe hasn't been such a positive thing! We've really been able to focus on our wedding planning and get a lot of things done that normally would have been difficult to do while working. I've been able to focus on a lot of hobbies and things I just didn't have time to do while working full time. I have to look at the positives, otherwise I would go crazy worrying about all the things I can't control, and right now that is a big list.  

No comments: