Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Making Decisions....

I have been contemplating a lot of things recently, one of which is whether or not I should keep my Kopah shop open. The truth is, soap making is beginning to feel like work to me. As much as I hate to admit it, it’s true. I am at the point where I don’t even know if I want to continue making it for my self and my family.

This could be just a phase, a reaction to my new, increasingly busy schedule focused around blogging, which is leaving little, if any time for soap making. I’m hesitant to make any rash decisions because I’m not 100% sure how I feel, but it is something that has been bouncing around in my head for quite some time. Mike and I have a project in the works that I would really prefer to put my focus into, in addition to my blogging which has quickly become a true passion and creative outlet for me.

That being said, I am also considering shutting down this blog to put my focus into The Design Boards and other endeavors. This blog has always been attached to my Kopah shop and I’m not sure if it makes sense to keep it open if the shop closes and I don’t blog here nearly as much as I would like. I am really looking for more of a personal outlet where I can post periodically about my life, my crafting, gardening, cooking etc., stuff that doesn’t really make sense to blog about over at TDB. So, if I do decide to close my shop, this blog would most likely move to a new link (not attached to Kopah) where the focus would be on my personal life.

Anyway, that's what I've got going on right now...what's new with you guys?

No comments: