Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy V-Day!

Happy Valentines Day everyone! I spent all day yesterday waiting for our new bed to be delivered. Luckily the weather was terrible so it wasn't too bad hanging out on the couch and watching tv while waiting. I was also able to work on some more whipped shea butters for the shop. I hope to get all these new products up for sale by next week. I have been talking about them for ever but I keep dragging my feet to get the packaging designed so I can put them up for sale! I also started my knitting class last night. It was awesome! We learned how to cast on and do the knit stitch. Next week we are going to learn the purl stitch. I can see how knitting can quickly become an addicting hobby! The coolest thing about last night is that when I walked into Purl for the class, who was there but Joelle Hoverson, the owner of the shop and the amazing author of Last Minue Patchwork & Quilted Gifts! I blogged about her a while back. I think she is an amazing crafter so it was awesome to meet her, she actually helped me pick out my yarn for the class!

I was going to take pictures of the progress I made in class but forgot to and last night before bed I wripped it all out so I could start over again. So instead I will leave you with these pics from the snow storm we had Tuesday.



PeeWee was not happy about having to go out in the snow!



Ooh! I just found out that my new soap gift set is being featured in the gift guides! What a great surprise!! If you haven't checked out the gift guides, I highly recommend doing so...I have found some awesome stuff browsing through them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are knitting! I love to knit and taught knitting classes for elementary school kids for a few years. It is such a relaxing pastime and I just can never get over my finished pieces. So snuggly and cozy and lovely! Good luck!!

Marisa